- Director of the Translational and Integrative Sciences Laboratory
- Chief Research Informatics Officer at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Director of the Center for Data to Health
Melissa’s vision is to fundamentally alter the fabric of biomedical science, utilizing her art as a data translator to weave together healthcare systems, basic science research, and patients; through development of data integration technologies, innovative communication strategies, and collaborative education and outreach. Her demonstrated success in leadership of cross-disciplinary international teams, development of applications used for rare disease diagnostics, implementation of platforms and tools for translational research, and open and reproducible science will serve her and the community at large to effect real change.
- B.A., Chemistry, Reed College, 1991
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, University of Wisconsin, 1999