Ontology Tutorials and Resources
- Protege: An ontology development software application
- Ontology Development Kit: A toolkit to initialize an OBO library repository and associated files.
- Robot: ROBOT is a an tool for working with Open Biomedical Ontologies. See paper here.
- VOCOL: An Integrated Environment for Collaborative Vocabulary Development.
- Karma Data Integration: A data integration tool.
- Knotation: a notation for knowledge representation.
- An Intrepid Guide to Ontologies., by Mike Bergman, posted on May 16, 2007 in Adaptive Information, Description Logics, Ontologies, Semantic Web, Structured Web
- Monkeying around with OWL:, a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Chris Mungall.
- Feed your head:, a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Robert Stevens.
- MIRO: guidelines for minimum information for the reporting of an ontology by Nicolas Matentzoglu, James Malone, Chris Mungall and Robert Stevens, Journal of Biomedical Semantics20189:6, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13326-017-0172-7
- What are Ontologies?
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist, Second Edition by Dean Allemang and James Hendler
- Linked Data Patterns: A pattern catalogue for modelling, publishing, and consuming Linked Data by Leigh Dodds and Ian Davis
- Biomedical ontologies, data integration and annotation, British sense of humour: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by James Malone.
- ROBOT: A Tool for Automating Ontology Workflows
by Rebecca C. Jackson, James P. Balhoff, Eric Douglass, Nomi L. Harris, Christopher J. Mungall & James A. Overton, BMC Bioinformaticsvolume 20, Article number: 407 (2019)
How to use Ontologies to unlock the full potential of your Scientific Data